Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Recap Day 3 @ Beijing

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jet lag is a bit better.

Because of a NyQuil, I woke up early and felt hungry. I decided not to wait for anyone any more. I went to 2nd floor restaurant by myself... but I found Violet and Render. I got to eat do-hua.. YES! Even though they don't have the syrup, I was so happy when I got it :) I also had some soy milk.. it's very yummy. Other stuff are OK... I am still more of an american :p I had bacon and ham as my main dish!

I got to work at 9:10a. We were late for 10 min to our meeting: China Portal walk through. It's supposed to be a 3-hr meeting. But, we were only half way done at the 3hr mark! OMG, this is like UI / content / code Review. It's actually a good thing to do. Render sat down with the team and go page to page to review it. BUT, OMG, there are lots of pages / channels.



Food in Beijing
We went to a place like Yoshinoya for a quick lunch (yes, the meeting continued). My Beef Rice was ok, but the Taro Soy Milk was good! OK, my hope was in the Beijing Duck tonight.

At roughly 3:30pm, we are done with the meeting. My brain was toasted. I didn't want to do anything but sleep at that hour! I went online chat'd with Alex.. the only guy that's awake at the hr.... well, he went to bed not long after that.... So, I had to deal with the tireness and loneliness with .... UI work!!! At 5:10pm, Violet and I were ready to head out to shop for snack (for ourselves).

We went back to hotel to drop off the laptop. We went to Pharmercy to get DRUG first... o man, I was sooo happy when we got it... We then went to Watson, and then the Lotus Supermarket.... as soon as I got in, I saw 糖葫蘆!!!!! I wanted it since last time I was in Beijing.

Anyway, dinner time, we went to Made in China (長江一號)a restaurant inside of the 君悅 hotel. I really like the decoration of the place. They have open kitchens inside the place: each station cook different part of the meal.


Wine bottles at the entrance,

Tea pots follow,


Fruits and cake...

then cooking wares (oops, no photo). The food was good... but very little :(....


I took a night pill and then went to bed.. cough cough.. I was really tired today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment